M13- Art curator

 A reflection journal should be posted on your Blog that explains your process in creating this Art Curation Exhibition.
My first step into creating my exhibition was to find a website to get my artwork from. I enjoyed the Google Art Project (https://artsandculture.google.com/partner) website from the other gallery project, because I found it easy to use and find images. I looked at artworks to find inspiration, and I knew that I wanted my exhibition to consist of 2D artwork.

I then decided my theme, calm. Right now I feel my life is unstable and stressful, so I wanted to make this around paintings that made me feel calm and relaxed. I wanted this to be an exhibition that to the viewer, could have an escape from their reality and be consumed in a calm area of artwork that made them feel at peace.

I started in the Van Gogh Museum because I find a lot of his paintings calming and that that museum would be a perfect start to this. The website gives me all the information on the artwork I need- making this process easier. In my slides I started by making my first one a temporary template slide on all the information needed for each piece, so I wouldn't accidentally forget anything, also that way I could copy and paste the template slide. It included title, artist, date, media, size, link, interpretation. I then found what presentation style I wanted, and I found one that was modern, along with a simple font. I set up the template in the exact way I want each slide to look, with the font, size of the fonts, and where each thing needs to go. Then I started picking out the artworks and filled in the missing pieces. I decided to make the title of each slide the name of the artwork selected. I decided to put the artworks in first and fill in the info about them first before doing the interpretation.

I explored further than just Van Gogh and found related images/ went to different movements- mainly impressionist

As I was searching images I realized I had this sort of dark theme going between the first 3 selected and decided to keep going with that. Most of the work I picked was completed within the same time period

After I uploaded all my images, I rearranged them to balance the darkest pieces and lightest so they flow better.

When adding the description, I had the 1-5 steps to follow open aside it, to make sure I included each part.

Comments